Saturday 20 April 2013

Introducing... Miriam

Hi,

www.bartondunstallkeytrust.co.uk
My name is Miriam, I am 18 and I live in Staffordshire. I am student and I am currently studying for my A Levels in Biology, Chemistry and English Language at my local Sixth Form. In September  I hope to be going to University to study Speech and Language Therapy.

I have been involved in Guiding since the age of five, when I joined as a Rainbow. I have been a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Senior Section member, and now I am a Rainbow leader in my village with my Mum. At the moment I am also helping at a Brownie unit which has just lost its leaders and have just finished doing a term of Guides because one of the leaders was unwell. I am also working towards my Queen's Guide Award, which I started in September 2012. I love being part of Girlguiding: the opportunities that it has provided me with have been amazing and I have made so many great friends! I was lucky enough to have taken part in two international Tall Ships Races, where I have sailed across the North Sea TWICE with Senior Section members from Shropshire and West Mercia.

Outside of Guiding I enjoy playing hockey, sailing with my three older brothers, singing in my school Senior Singers, baking and walking (to name but a few).

I am so excited about GOLD Guyana 2013! I am the team documentor and so I am responsible for taking lots of photographs of the team in action, keeping a record of what we do at each training session on project, helping Clare with writing the project report and (of course) writing this blog.

LOGL

Miriam



No comments:

Post a Comment