Thursday 18 April 2013

Introducing... Clare


Hi,

My name is Clare, and I am 25. I work for Atkins in Epsom, Surrey, as a Hydrologist and Flood Risk Consultant. My day-to-day work is really varied, but includes analysis of rainfall and river flow data, assessment of the risk of flooding to new development sites and consideration of flood risk management options.

Guiding has always been a very significant part of my life, and I first went away with the Brownies when I was a few months old! Many pack holidays later and I am a Brownie Leader with 3rd Cuddington Brownies and really enjoy taking them away, along with all the other meeting activities. I am currently working towards my Girlguiding Trainers Qualification and am looking forward to the training opportunities that I will have while in Guyana.

I have a love of outdoor adventurous activities, camping and campfires that has been fostered through Guiding over many years. I have been lucky enough to travel internationally with both Guiding and Scouting in the past, most recently as part of the Japanese Cultural Exchange Programme in 2010.  The previous year I also spent three fabulous, though exhausting months as a Spring Volunteer at Our Chalet in Switzerland, cooking and cleaning for up to 100 guests while watching the surroundings transform from snow-covered mountains to fields of wild flowers.

I am very excited about being part of the GOLD project to Guyana. I am the team secretary and will be keeping records of all our meetings and phone conferences, as well as compiling a team scrapbook, training session template and project report. I’ll also be helping to keep Team Guyana 2013 super organised!

You can find my fundraising page at: http://www.justgiving.com/Clare-Grout

LOGL

Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment